For those who are interested in the medical field, one of the more popular options to start working in the medical industry is to become a certified nursing assistant Los Angeles.
Those who live in Southern California will find that there are many reasons why more and more people are choosing to become a certified nursing assistant (CNA). It’s a highly competitive field yet the training is quick, affordable and allows just about anyone an opportunity to be part of this challenging work opportunity.
Benefits to working as a certified nursing assistant Los Angeles
- It’s easy to get the training necessary to get the skills needed to do this job. There are many accredited programs available, with many classes done within a few weeks to three months. Becoming a CNA is one of the quickest ways to get into the medical field, compared to a registered nursing program, which takes about four years to complete. Less class time means that it’s also less expensive in terms of tuition. Many nursing facilities and technical schools provide the training necessary to become a certified nursing assistant.
- The benefits package is good at a median average of about $31,000. This is above the average annual salary of a CNA in other states, which start at $20,000. The pay rate goes up with more experience and credentials.
- Work hours are long but flexible. 12-hour days are standard, and nights and weekends are the norm.
- You get to learn from many other trained professionals in the industry, and you’ll get to help patients from all walks of life.
- You must be a legal resident of the US and be at least 16 years old to take a training program. You must not have any disqualifying convictions. You must be fluent in English and able to understand and execute instructions carefully and correctly. Personally, you must be willing to provide caring service to patients who are in need, so have compassion and at the same time, be professional.
- Complete an accredited training program, both the classroom hours as well as the actual clinical experience. This information can be obtained from the various schools that provide training programs as a certified nursing assistant.
- Take and pass the licensing test. You have up to three tries to pass the exam. There is a written test as well as a practical test to determine your level of competency.
- Register at the California Nurse Aide Registry CNA/HHA/CHT Certification Unit. Contact the Licensing and Certification Program at 1615 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95899. The office can be reached at 916-327-2445. There is no fee that you need to pay to get your license, although you need to provide your current information to get on the registry.
It’s not difficult to see why more and more people are opting to become a certified nursing assistant Los Angeles. With a good compensation package, the opportunity to be at the forefront of providing medical services to those in need, as well as the change to further your career by using this position as a stepping stone, it’s no wonder why becoming a certified nursing assistant in Los Angeles is a good choice.