Learn Essential Information about CNA classes in Virginia
To be certified and listed in the State CNA Registry, you will need to get a formal education and attend the state-approved certified nursing assistant classes in Virginia.
The whole course can be completed within 6 to 12 weeks, comprising of theoretical instructions in the classroom and on-site procedural training in different health care facilities.
Training Requirements for Certified Nursing Assistant Classes Virginia
- A high school diploma or GED is a standard requirement
- Good record during criminal background check
- Must pass the pre-screening tests
- Proof of immunizations
Major Components of Certified Nursing Assistant Classes Virginia
As mentioned above, CNA students will go through a classroom component and a supervised procedural component required for the course. The program will cover the fundamentals of nursing and basic nursing care during classroom discussions, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Introduction to Nursing Care
- Infection Control
- Vital Signs
- Personal Care
- Patient’s Rights
- Interpersonal skills
- Mental Health Needs Recognition
- Restorative Care
- Emergency Care
In addition to classroom lectures, students will be given the opportunity to gain clinical skills in long-term care facilities and various health-care settings, dealing with real patients and performing their role as nursing aids under the supervision of a registered nurse or a nursing instructor.
Here are 3 of the top-notch CNA schools that offer state-approved certified nursing assistant classes in Virginia:
- Danville Community College, 1008 South Main Street, Danville, VA 24541-4004, Toll Free no.: (800) 560-4291, Phone: (434) 797-8538
- Lord Fairfax Community College, Fauquier Campus, 6480 College St., Warrenton, VA 20187-8820, Phone: (540) 351-1505
- Rappahannock Community College, Glenns Campus, 12745 College Drive, Glenns, VA 23149, Phone: (804) 758-6700, Toll Free no.: (800) 836-9381
To get a complete list of CNA training programs and schools approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing, you can go to this link here.
CNA Virginia Contact Information
For additional information regarding certified nursing assistant classes and schools in Virginia, you can refer to the following:
Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, Virginia 23233-146
Phone: (804) 367-4400 / Fax: (804) 527-4475
Complaints about licensees: (800) 533-1560
Automated License Verification: (804) 270-6836